Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Week in Baku

Hello Readers!
We have nearly completed our first week of the Baku Summer Energy School and I am having a fabulous time. Our workshop classes are taught by experts in the field and I felt a bit starstruck yesterday after getting a chance to speak with Giacomo Luciani. It's not every day I can speak with famous economists.

Our hosts from the Azerbaijan Diplomatic Academy have been very gracious. One thing I really like about the program is the effort to mix professional and academic learning with cultural activities. Before this trip, I had a general knowledge of the region's history, and the program has done an excellent job tying that history to the development made in the area to date.

That's all for now. I will have more updates as the program progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment